*(20 minutes from the Marin Vista House to Napa Wine tasting and fun things to do!)
Quick link Menu (or just scroll down for info):
There is much more to the Napa Valley then Wine and great restaurants. Olive Oil tasting, world class racing at Infinion, natural hot springsa beautiful recreational lake. Perhaps rent a houseboat or watercraft during your winery exploring stay!
The Infineon Raceway Experience: http://www.nascar.com/Want the ultimate racing experience? Try Infineon Raceway, just 20 minutes from the Marin Vacation Vista View House!
Great Lake in the Napa Valley Mountains. When the rest of San Francisco Bay Area sits in fog you can bet on the sun here in the summer! Rent a water craft and have a blast. The water is warm!
Napa Chef's Market: First Street and Napa Town Center (First Street between Main + School)
Fridays, late May - August, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Market Info: (707) 257-0322
Napa Farmers Market Copia Parkling Lot ,
Tuesdays, May - October,
7:30 am - Noon.
St. Helena Farmers Market Crane Park:
7:30 am to 11:30 am
Yountville Farmers Market
Compadre's Restaurant parking lot (6539 Washington St.)
Wednesdays, June - September, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Recommended: Listed below are a few Napa and Sonoma wineries and vineyards that are recommended for your visit to the Napa and Sonoma area:
- Mondavi renowned for producing some of the finest Cabernet Sauvignon wines in the world, as well as for its Sauvignon Blanc grapes, from which Mr. Mondavi crafted his signature wine, Fumé Blanc.
- Fetzer Earth friendly Wines! Fetzer is commited to environmental responsibility in all aspects of our winery operations.
- Clos du Val Clos Du Val has been named 'Winery of the Year' by Wine & Spirits Magazine, again, for 2010.
- Sutter Homes With its creation of White Zinfandel in the early 1970s and the introduction of high-quality, affordably priced varietal wines during the 1980s and '90s, Sutter Home became a household name and the second largest, independent family-run winery in the U.S. Great sweet wines.
- Bartholomew Park Winery -
Founded in 1994 by the Bundschu family, Bartholomew Park Winery is a Sonoma Valley gem, offering access to exclusive organically-grown estate wines. http://www.bartpark.com/
- B.R. Cohn Winery -
In addition to its award-winning wines, B.R. Cohn makes world-class California olive oils and vinegars too. http://www.brcohn.com/
- Buena Vista Careros Estates -
Carneros has long been known for its unassailable Chardonnays, elegant Pinot Noirs and its sparkling wines.
- Gundlach-Bundschu Winery Visit this 150 year old Northern California winery at the southernmost tip of Sonoma Valley http://www.gunbun.com/
- Jacuzzi Family Vineyards Enjoy exquisite wines from the same family the brought you the whirlpool bath of the same name.
- Kenwood Vineyards The small lot winemaking at Kenwood Vineyards allows the winery to bring each lot of wine to its fullest potential, including a full line of premium quality varietal wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir and Merlot.
- Ravenswood Winery No wimpy wines! This credo sums up Ravenwood Winery's commitment to full-flavored varietal wine and their mission to capture everything a vineyard has to offer. http://www.ravenswoodwinery.com/
- Roche Winery Roche is a small winery with an output of approximately 10,000 cases per year, including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Muscat Canelli.
- Beringer Napa's oldest operating winery. The Historical District Tour is recommended.
- Cakebread Cellars Considered the best tour in Napa Valley for those interested in winemaking. Be prepared to stand for 2 hours. http://www.cakebread.com/
- Domaine Carneros Beautiful patio overlooking the Carneros vineyard. This winery stays open later than most so end the day here. http://www.domainecarneros.com
- Jarvis Winery Beautiful aging cellar and testing room in a doughnut-shaped cave complete with an underground stream and waterfall. http://www.jarviswines.com/
- Joseph Phelps Vineyards Beautiful views, expert wine tastings and fantastic wine makes this winery a must visit. If you have the means, the 2003 Insignia is a great buy.
- Kuleto Estate This winery considers food just as important as the wine it produces. Goats and cows are raised on property along with vegetables that are served in the tasting room to compliment the wine. The vineyards have spectacular views of Lake Hennessey. http://www.kuletoestate.com/
- Quintessa An organic, bio-dynamic vineyard that uses a gravity fed system. The tour is informative and more technical than many others. http://www.quintessa.com/
- Rutherford Hill Best place for a picnic on the hillside. It is recommended to buy a bottle of wine from the winery for your picnic. http://www.rutherfordhill.com/
- Schramsberg Vineyards Known as the "Grande Dame" of Sparkling Wine, this winery tour includes a venture down mile deep caves.
- Signorello Vineyards Spectacular views from the patio and wonderful food and wine parings make this winery a must see. http://www.signorellovineyards.com/
- Sterling Vineyards This winery has self-guided tours, is kid friendly and has a scenic tram ride with aerial views of the vineyard. http://www.sterlingvineyards.com
- Cline Cellars - Innovation and experimentation have allowed Cline Cellars to produce rich, distinctive Rhône-style wines and flavorful Zinfandels to much acclaim. http://www.clinecellars.com/
- Valley of the Moon - Since 1860, Valley of the Moon has been producing ultra-premium Sonoma wines. http://www.valleyofthemoonwinery.com/
- Viansa Winery - Select from a premium array of Italian varietal wines, including Sangiovese, Barbera, Dolcetto, Aleatico, Arneis, Pinot Grigio, Primitivo, and Tocai Friulano. In 2007, the Viansa Winery has been awarded over 85 medals – including 23 gold or double gold. http://www.viansa.com/
- Old Faithful Geyser, Calistoga, Ca.
- Natural Geysers: When in the wine country, take a break, picnic and watch the geyser explode!
- Calistoga Farmers Market
- Old Gliderport
Farmers Market Info: (707) 942-0808
- Old Gliderport,1546 Lincoln Ave.Calistoga, CA
- Every Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.